The Institute of Sales & Marketing Management (ISMM), which is the UK’s largest association for sales professionals, is inviting entries for this year’s British Excellence in Sales & Marketing Awards (BESMA).
Organised by the ISMM, these awards represent the UK’s highest level of recognition for outstanding sales achievement. This year’s BESMA are sponsored by The Daily Telegraph, the Sunday Telegraph, Royal Mail, De Vere Hotels, Virgin Media Business, Maddison Media, Campaign Master, The Sales Management Expo, Ellis Salsby, Meta Lucid and Principal Hayley.
The ISMM’s Stephen Wright, commented: “When faced by difficult market conditions, it’s vital that your staff are motivated and positive about the challenge ahead, and there is nothing more powerful than demonstrating your confidence in them by nominating them for a BESMA award. The fact that it encourages excellence, builds your brand, is simple and free to enter makes it one of your easiest business decisions.”
According to the ISMM, entering the BESMA
- Recognises and rewards both top achievers and the use of best sales practice
- Enables employers to show sales teams the value they place on them, thus boosting team morale and increasing motivation
- Provides independent validation of an organisation’s sales & marketing talent and achievements
- Helps an organisation to gain competitive advantage
- Acknowledges the vital role played by sales personnel throughout the business world and raises the status of professional selling
- Enhances each award winner’s status and career development
Ben Turner, the ISMM’s National Sales Manager, explained: “Winning an award can benefit your business in a number of ways.
“Recent surveys have demonstrated that more than 80% of senior business people and more than 70% of consumers admit to being influenced by awards when buying products and services. Even being shortlisted for a key award can also give your organisation a competitive advantage over other key players in your industry.
“Of course, you can shout that you’re the best until you’re blue in the face but winning an award enables you to say ‘don’t just take our word for it’. A business award is a concrete seal of approval that can be used as evidence of quality when pitching for new business or negotiating next year’s budgets.
“And, of course, winning awards can be a real morale booster for your team. It provides official recognition of their hard work, which can increase staff motivation and productivity,” he said.
Anyone can nominate an individual or team for a BESMA. The nomination is based on a statement of up to 1,000 words based on the criteria for each category.
The 14 categories for this year’s awards are:
- Sales Director of the Year
- Marketing Director of the Year
- Sales Team of the Year (for organisations with over 50 employees)
- Sales Team of the Year (for organisations with under 50 employees)
- Sales Trainer of the Year
- Student of the Year
- Sales Manager of the Year
- Sales Professional of the Year (for organisations with over 50 employees)
- Sales Professional of the Year (for organisations with under 50 employees)
- New Sales Professional of the Year
- Telesales Professional of the Year
- Sales Support Team of the Year
- Customer Service Team of the Year
- Account Manager of the Year
Entries for the awards close on 25th February. The finalists are announced on 7th March and judging takes place on 18th March.
The awards ceremony – held at the Lancaster Hotel, Hyde Park, in London – takes place on 26th May
For further details of the BESMA and to access nomination forms, please visit: http://www.ismm.co.uk/events_besma.php?panels=3
Notes for editors:
About The Institute of Sales & Marketing Management
The Institute of Sales & Marketing Management (ISMM) is the UK’s largest association for sales professionals. Founded in 1911 to promote standards of excellence in sales and sales management and to enhance the status and profile of sales as a profession, the ISMM supports, represents and promotes the sales profession. It has been the authoritative voice of selling and the custodian of sales standards, ethics and best practice for many years.
The ISMM is also responsible for establishing benchmarks of professionalism in sales. It is the only membership body recognised by the UK Government regulatory body Ofqual as an awarding organisation to offer qualifications in sales, marketing and sales management.
The ISMM’s annual British Excellence in Sales & Marketing Awards (BESMA) are the most prestigious awards for the sales profession.
Further information from:
Ben Turner, ISMM, +44 (0)1582 840001; firstname.lastname@example.org
Bob Little, Bob Little Press & PR, +44 (0)1727 860405; email@example.com