High-Frequency Trading Experts Workshop, “Practical Implementation of High-Frequency Trading Strategies”, the most comprehensive and insightful high-frequency trading 2-day workshop organized by Golden Networking, is now available on DVD, at http://www.HFTExpertsWorkshop.com, featuring a session on High-Frequency Trading Software in the Market.
Though controversy about speed trading dominates the news, there is no argument that this subset of algorithmic trading has become a key component of the trading arsenal of many firms. Today’s markets present new opportunities more than ever before, making speed trading a valuable weapon. In fact, estimates state that upwards of 50% of all equity-trading volume in the U.S. is done by high-frequency traders.
A recent poll by Greenwich Associates found that 20 percent of institutional investors don’t fully understand the practice of high frequency trading. Algorithmic trading is broader, encompassing the automation of alpha-seeking and execution trading decision making. High frequency trading specifically monitors the market for patterns that indicate alpha-making trading opportunities; then places orders to take instant advantage of those opportunities. As market data is coming in fast, and conditions are changing by the millisecond, the firms that leverage speed trading are able to jump on opportunities faster than the competition that isn’t using it.
High-Frequency Trading Experts Workshop DVD Video Package is produced by Golden Networking (http://www.goldennetworking.net), the premier networking community for business executives, entrepreneurs and investors. Upcoming Golden Networking’s Forums and Business Receptions include:
• The Speed Traders Workshop 2011 Sao Paulo, “The Present and Future of High-Frequency Trading” (http://thespeedtradersworkshopsaopaulo.eventbrite.com), February 1, 2012, Sao Paulo
• High-Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2011 Sao Paulo, “How Speed Traders Leverage Cutting-Edge Strategies in the Post-Flash Crash World” (http://hftleadersforumsaopaulo.eventbrite.com), February 1-3, 2012, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Golden Networking has compiled the insights of top experts and industry practitioners and produced DVD Video Packages for its Leaders and Experts Forums, including:
• High-Frequency Trading Experts Workshop DVD Video Package, “Practical Implementation of High-Frequency Trading Strategies”, http://www.HFTExpertsWorkshop.com
• 2nd China Leaders Forum DVD Video Package, “Is the Chinese Dragon Poised for Global Dominance or Economic Implosion?”, http://www.ChinaLeadersForum.com
• Distressed Investing Experts Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, “Analyzing and Valuing Distressed Companies, Securities and Real Estate”, http://www.DistressedInvestingExpertsForum.com
• Derivatives Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, “Strategies for Increasing Profits under an Evolving Regulatory Framework”, http://www.DerivativesLeadersForum.com
• High-Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, “Innovating and Profiting from High-Frequency Trading in 2010 and Beyond”, http://www.HFTLeadersForum.com
• Hedge Funds Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, “Generating Alpha in Challenging Times”, http://www.HedgeFundsLeadersForum.com
• High-Frequency Trading Experts Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, “Starting and Running a High-Frequency Trading Operation”, http://www.HFTExpertsForum.com
• Distressed Investing Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, “Extraordinary Opportunities Investors Cannot Afford to Pass”, http://www.DistressedInvestingLeadersForum.com
• China Leaders Forum 2009 DVD Video Package, “Addressing the Challenges Posed by the Present Wave of Chinese Globalization”, http://www.ChinaLeadersForum.com
• Distressed Investing Leaders Forum 2009 DVD Video Package, “The Most Comprehensive Guide for Any Investor in Distressed Assets”, http://www.DistressedInvestingLeadersForum.com
Panelists, speakers and sponsors are invited to contact Golden Networking by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Golden Networking has been frequently featured in the press, including recent articles in The Wall Street Journal, “Happy Hour for High-Frequency Trading”, The New York Times, “Golden Networking Helps Job Seekers Make Overseas Connections”, Los Angeles Times, “Speed-addicted traders dominate today’s stock market”, Reuters, “Revamp looms as trading experts huddle at SEC” and Columbia Business School’s Hermes Alumni Magazine, “10 Under 10″.