Steelwedge, the leading provider of cloud-based sales and operations planning (S&OP) solutions, announced today an innovative product enhancement that will enable global companies to configure and implement a best-in-class S&OP process in record time. The Steelwedge S&OP solution now features a breakthrough Service Delivery Platform (SDP), providing a highly intuitive toolset for Steelwedge clients and partners to unify people, process and information to support demand and supply decision making.
The Steelwedge S&OP Service Delivery Platform includes:
- Cloud-based, wizard-driven toolset to rapidly configure and deploy the Steelwedge S&OP solution.
- Automation and integration capabilities that leverage the performance and scalability of the cloud.
- Online e-learning portal to expertly train and certify S&OP process participants.
- Workflow and process monitors to track S&OP adoption and process compliance.
- System monitoring that ensures application health and performance.
- Robust, multi-faceted security protocols.
- Dynamic methodology for evolving to level four S&OP maturity and Integrated Business Planning (IBP).
Technology-enabled S&OP has become a management necessity for companies operating complex, global supply chains in today’s climate of uncertainty and risk. Executives facing pressure to manage demand volatility depend on Steelwedge to align demand and supply decisions with revenue, margin and customer service goals. Companies that have rolled-out best-in-class S&OP practices have realized big gains, including a year-over-year gross profit margin increase of 48 percent according to a recent study published by Aberdeen Group.
“In today’s volatile economy, companies need to respond rapidly to changes in supply and demand to maintain customer services levels and protect margin,” said Glen Margolis, CEO of Steelwedge. “The Steelwedge S&OP Service Delivery Platform is a true breakthrough for companies that need to rapidly implement a flexible S&OP solution that will promote corporate agility.”
Founded in 2000, Steelwedge supercharges Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) and Integrated Business Planning (IBP) with the power of automated collaboration and analytics. We build consensus among sales, marketing, finance, and the supply chain so that companies can work from a single plan toward shared goals. Executives depend on Steelwedge to understand fluctuating demand, balance sales and capacity trade-offs, connect S&OP with financial planning, and measure performance against strategic revenue and customer service targets. With more software-as-a-service (SaaS) S&OP deployments than all of our competitors combined, Steelwedge serves industry leaders including Air Products and Chemicals, Applied Materials, Canon, Emerson, Juniper Networks, NVIDIA, Sara Lee, Sony and Syngenta.