New Approaches Required for Speed Traders to Jump into the Chinese Trading Locomotive
) As reported by The Trade News, some market participants observe that high-frequency trading models that have been successful elsewhere in Asia may not be appropriate in China because the instruments have not yet been developed. Therefore, Chinese speed traders, ready to take advantage of trends started in most advanced markets, will find enlightening High-Frequency Trading Experts Workshop DVD Video Package, “Practical Implementation of High-Frequency Trading Strategies”, now available online at http://www.HFTExpertsWorkshop.com.
At the moment, futures-focused prop trading firms are trading Chinese commodity futures contracts against similar products on the London Metals Exchange, CME Globex and the Tokyo Commodity Exchange. The incomplete nature of the regulatory framework in China means that the two sides of such trades cannot be cross-margined, thus adding to costs. Many expect that when China’s commodity markets become easier to trade, there would be more cross-exchange trading and competition within Asia. But as can be seen from the changes in China’s regulatory climate, regulators are still not totally comfortable with large prop trading groups at the moment, which gives rise to the need for the regulators to be educated on the intricacies of high-frequency trading and its relative pros and cons.
High-Frequency Trading Experts Workshop DVD Video Package was produced by Golden Networking (http://www.goldennetworking.net), the premier networking community for business executives, entrepreneurs and investors. Golden Networking has compiled the insights of top experts and industry practitioners and produced DVD Video Packages for its Leaders and Experts Forums, including:
• 2nd China Leaders Forum DVD Video Package, “Is the Chinese Dragon Poised for Global Dominance or Economic Implosion?”, http://www.ChinaLeadersForum.com
• Distressed Investing Experts Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, “Analyzing and Valuing Distressed Companies, Securities and Real Estate”, http://www.DistressedInvestingExpertsForum.com
• Derivatives Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, “Strategies for Increasing Profits under an Evolving Regulatory Framework”, http://www.DerivativesLeadersForum.com
• High-Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, “Innovating and Profiting from High-Frequency Trading in 2010 and Beyond”, http://www.HFTLeadersForum.com
• Hedge Funds Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, “Generating Alpha in Challenging Times”, http://www.HedgeFundsLeadersForum.com
• High-Frequency Trading Experts Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, “Starting and Running a High-Frequency Trading Operation”, http://www.HFTExpertsForum.com
• Distressed Investing Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, “Extraordinary Opportunities Investors Cannot Afford to Pass”, http://www.DistressedInvestingLeadersForum.com
• China Leaders Forum 2009 DVD Video Package, “Addressing the Challenges Posed by the Present Wave of Chinese Globalization”, http://www.ChinaLeadersForum.com
• Distressed Investing Leaders Forum 2009 DVD Video Package, “The Most Comprehensive Guide for Any Investor in Distressed Assets”, http://www.DistressedInvestingLeadersForum.com
Panelists, speakers and sponsors are invited to contact Golden Networking by sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org. Golden Networking has been frequently featured in the press, including recent articles in The Wall Street Journal, “Happy Hour for High-Frequency Trading”, The New York Times, “Golden Networking Helps Job Seekers Make Overseas Connections”, Los Angeles Times, “Speed-addicted traders dominate today’s stock market”, Reuters, “Revamp looms as trading experts huddle at SEC” and Columbia Business School’s Hermes Alumni Magazine, “10 Under 10″.
Copyright © 2013 24 Hour Trading Ltd - All Rights Reserved
Part of 24 Hour Trading Ltd. Built in the Silicon Dales.