Mumbai, October 25, 2011: KEC International Ltd. (KEC), a billion dollar global infrastructure EPC major, today announced its unaudited consolidated results for the second quarter ended on September 30, 2011.
· Consolidated Net Revenue for the quarter stood at ` 1,263.0 crore as against ` 1,000.0 crore in the corresponding quarter of the previous year, registering a growth of 26.3%.
· Consolidated Earnings Before Interest, Tax, Depreciation & Amortisation (EBITDA) for the quarter stood at ` 90.6 crore as against ` 100.9 crore in the corresponding quarter of the previous year.
· Consolidated Profit after Tax (PAT) stood at ` 21.2 crore was as against ` 42.7 crore in the corresponding quarter of the previous year.
Order Book Highlights
The Order Book stood at ` 8,450 crore as against ` 7,000 crore in the corresponding quarter of the previous year, registering a growth of 20.7%. It consists 58% orders from the International market and 42% orders from the domestic market.
Recently, The Company has secured following new orders -
· Transmission Business- Order from the client EEPCO, Ethiopia for the construction of 230 kV transmission line on turnkey basis. Total value of this order is ` 200 crore. The Project completion period is 24 months.
· Cable Business – Orders for supply of Power and Telecom Cables worth ` 136 crore.
“Despite the challenging global economic environment, our strong global presence and diversified business portfolio helped us in securing new orders of approx. ` 1200 crore during the quarter. Our current order book is at all time high and it gives visibility for the coming 18-24 months.” commented Mr. Ramesh Chandak, MD & CEO of the Company.
About KEC International Limited
KEC International is a billion dollar turnover, global infrastructure Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) major. It has presence in the verticals of Power Transmission, Power Systems, Cables, Railways, Telecom and Water. The Company has powered infrastructure development in 45 countries across South Asia, Middle East, Africa, Central Asia and Americas. It is a flagship company of the RPG Group.
About RPG Enterprises
RPG Enterprises, established in 1979, is one of India’s fastest growing business groups with turnover touching ` 20,000 crore. The group has more than sixteen companies managing diverse business interests.
Ketchum Sampark PR
Archana Pradhan: + 91 9820330505 / Rajlaxmi Borkotoky: +91 9820054726
Arpit Shah: +91 9773700445 / Suman Meena: +91 9892833830