Jack Worthington, Managing Partner, The Arundel Group, will present at Golden Networking's China Leaders Forum 2011, "How American Companies Can Plug into the Chinese Rocket-Propelled Economy?", http://www.ChinaLeadersForum.com, October 7, New York City. China Leaders Forum 2011 will examine the challenges facing American companies that want to grow and expand their business in China, the opportunities to find Chinese investment partners that can provide a much-needed capital injection while opening the Chinese market, as well as important considerations to look at so that the high-powered Chinese rocket doesn’t crash anytime soon.
Mr. Worthington runs The Arundel Group, a private equity investment banking boutique focused on facilitating private equity investment on a global basis, where he is a consultant to private equity investors, hedge funds, and corporate acquirers globally.
Previously, he ran the nine-country Asia Pacific region for the ABS Group (the commercial arm of the American Bureau of Shipping) a global engineering consulting company. In this role, Mr. Worthington was recruited to turnaround the under-performing Asia Pacific operations of the company, achieving dramatic success within two years, resulting in a private equity-backed acquisition attempt for the global operations of the company.
Prior to this, he ran strategic planning / M&A in the Asia Pacific region for Cemex, the world’s second largest cement and construction materials company. His responsibilities included all issues related to M&A and post-merger integration strategy in the region. In 1995, Cemex, a company focused on investment in the global emerging markets, was ranked as the world’s 5th most profitable large cap company at the gross margin by Forbes magazine, higher than Microsoft and Intel. Prior to this, Mr. Worthington was a China investment banker with Prudential Securities, responsible for working with a related private equity group in Hong Kong, PruAsia DBS, to start and build a China investment banking practice focused on international exit strategies for China private equity investors.
An American, Mr. Worthington has lived and worked the majority of his adult life outside the United States in global M&A and corporate turnarounds – 8 countries, on 4 continents over the past 23 years, with professional investment and, or executive experience in many of the world’s key emerging and developed markets. He received his MBA from Columbia Business School, New York, NY, with an emphasis in finance and economics.
China Leaders Forum 2011 is produced by Golden Networking (http://www.goldennetworking.net), the premier networking community for business executives, entrepreneurs and investors. Upcoming Golden Networking's Forums and Business Receptions include:
• China Happy Hour New York (http://www.ChinaHappyHour.com), September 27, New York
• High-Frequency Trading Happy Hour Chicago (http://hfthappyhourchicago.eventbrite.com), September 27, Chicago
• The Speed Traders Workshop 2011 Chicago, "The Present and Future of High-Frequency Trading" (http://thespeedtradersworkshopchicago.eventbrite.com), October 3, Chicago
• High-Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2011 Chicago, "How Speed Traders Leverage Cutting-Edge Strategies in the Post-Flash Crash World" (http://hftleadersforumchicago.eventbrite.com), October 3-5, Chicago
• Venture Capital Happy Hour New York (http://www.vchappyhour.com), October 4, New York City
• China Leaders Forum 2011 New York, "How American Companies Can Plug into the Chinese Rocket-Propelled Economy?" (http://www.ChinaLeadersForum.com), October 7, New York
• Hedge Funds Happy Hour New York (http://www.hfhappyhour.com), October 11, New York City
• High-Frequency Trading Happy Hour New York (http://www.hfthappyhour.com), October 11, New York City
• Private Equity Happy Hour New York (http://pehappyhour.com), October 19, New York
• The Speed Traders Workshop 2011 Sao Paulo, "The Present and Future of High-Frequency Trading" (http://thespeedtradersworkshopsaopaulo.eventbrite.com), October 24, Sao Paulo
• High-Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2011 Sao Paulo, "How Speed Traders Leverage Cutting-Edge Strategies in the Post-Flash Crash World" (http://hftleadersforumsaopaulo.eventbrite.com), October 24-26, Sao Paulo, Brazil
• High-Frequency Trading Happy Hour Hong Kong (http://hfthappyhourhongkong.eventbrite.com), October 27, Hong Kong
• High-Frequency Trading Happy Hour Singapore (http://hfthappyhoursingapore.eventbrite.com), October 27, Singapore
• Public Finance Leaders Forum 2011 New York, "Navigating Uncharted Territories After S&P's U.S. Debt Downgrade from its Gilt-Edged AAA Credit Rating" (http://www.PublicFinanceLeadersForum.com), November 9, New York
• The Speed Traders Workshop 2011 Singapore, "The Present and Future of High-Frequency Trading" (http://thespeedtradersworkshopsingapore.eventbrite.com), November 13, Singapore
• High-Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2011 Singapore, "How Speed Traders Leverage Cutting-Edge Strategies in the Post-Flash Crash World" (http://hftleadersforumsingapore.eventbrite.com), November 13-15, Singapore
• The Speed Traders Workshop 2011 Hong Kong, "The Present and Future of High-Frequency Trading" (http://thespeedtradersworkshophk.eventbrite.com), December 12, Hong Kong
• High-Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2011 Hong Kong , "How Speed Traders Leverage Cutting-Edge Strategies in the Post-Flash Crash World" (http://hftleadersforumhongkong.eventbrite.com), December, 12-14, Hong Kong
Golden Networking has been frequently featured in the press, including recent articles in The Wall Street Journal, "Happy Hour for High-Frequency Trading", The New York Times, "Golden Networking Helps Job Seekers Make Overseas Connections", Los Angeles Times, "Speed-addicted traders dominate today's stock market", Reuters, "Revamp looms as trading experts huddle at SEC" and Columbia Business School's Hermes Alumni Magazine, "10 Under 10".