November 14, 2011 – Appian, the global innovator in enterprise and cloud-based business process management (BPM) software, today announced record growth through the first three quarters of 2011. Software license and total orders for Q3 2011 were the highest in company history. License orders increased 208% over the same nine month period of the prior year. For the first 9 months of 2011, the company added 62 new name customers.
Appian’s BPM Suite is being sold across the government sector and commercial industries including financial services, insurance, energy, healthcare, retail and others. In addition to growth in North America and Europe, Appian has also seen significant expansion in Asia-Pacific, with Australia and New Zealand contributing several new enterprise clients.
New and existing customers are taking increasing advantage of Appian’s flexible delivery options, with Appian’s Cloud BPM sales approximately doubling year-over-year. Appian’s growth continues to be driven by its product innovations. Appian’s native Mobile BPM and business event-based Social BPM are frequently cited by new customers as key purchase decision factors.
“The Appian BPM Suite, with its mobile and social capabilities, is truly an enabler that will change the way we work with our business partners and ultimately how we service our clients,” said Brian Flynn, Global Chief Information Officer at Crawford & Company. “Initially, we will use it to drive operational efficiencies, but ultimately we will use it to help us develop new services and solutions.”
Driving Innovation in BPM
Senior executives across business and IT are grappling with the need to empower business users, become customer-driven and transform IT into an engine for growth. They are turning to Appian as a modern platform
Are you a developer? Try out the HTML to PDF API for creating a mobile and unified process enterprise. Appian’s focus on innovation keeps it at the front of the BPM market. Early in 2011, Appian, the longtime leader in Cloud BPM, introduced the industry’s first native Mobile BPM capabilities and Social BPM activity stream interface, Appian Tempo. Throughout 2011, Appian has continued to lead the BPM industry in innovation with features such as:
- Ubiquitous support for Apple iPhone, iPad, Google Android, and BlackBerry devices
- Support for full client rebranding of Native Mobile Client apps
- Incorporation of voice and image capture from Mobile BPM interfaces
- Marriage of unstructured social collaboration and analytics with structured business process
- Real-time, in-memory analytics engine supporting predictive analytics
- Full BPMS platform availability in the cloud
- FSO Knowledge Exchange named Appian the premier BPM vendor for driving financial services transformation in its 2011 Excellence Awards
- Global IT Analysis firm Gartner, Inc. honored Appian customers UPS and Nokia Siemens Networks (NSN) in the Gartner, Inc. 2011 BPM Excellence Awards
- In addition, UPS won the “KM Reality 2010” award for a deployment that has improved operational efficiencies, enhanced customer service excellence, and generated significant cost-savings
- Appian was named a finalist in the prestigious Red Herring Top 100 North America Awards
- Appian won the KMWorld “Trend-Setting Product 2011” award
- Appian was named a Finalist in the “Industry Star” category of the 2011 GovStar Awards
- Appian President and CEO Matthew Calkins was named to the FedTech Bisnow “30 Under 40” list of leading Washington, DC-area entrepreneurs
“Appian is modernizing the BPM industry with innovations like native mobility, social interactivity, and cloud access,” said Mr. Calkins. “These innovations have been welcomed by customers around the world and are leading to economies of scale on a new level.”
Appian is the global innovator in enterprise and cloud-based business process management (BPM) software. Appian’s combination of simplicity and power provides everything business users need to drive transformational process improvement – on the desktop or via mobile devices. Commercial and government organizations around the globe use Appian to increase agility and collaboration, and accelerate business performance. Appian empowers more than 3 million users from large
Are you a developer? Try out the HTML to PDF API
Fortune 100 companies, to the mid-market and small businesses worldwide. Appian is headquartered in the Washington, D.C. region, with professional services and partners around the globe. For more information, visit http://www.appian.com/ .
For more pressrelated information, please contact:
Ben Farrell, Director Corporate Communications
Tel: +1 703.442.1067